Purina® Layena® includes our Oyster Strong® System for strong shells. Oyster shell provides another source of calcium when the hens need it most. Oyster shell is a larger particle size than limestone. This means that oyster shell will stay in the digestive tract longer and will provide a source of calcium for egg shell production over a longer period of time than smaller particle sources of calcium. This is especially important at night when egg shell formation is rapidly occurring and dietary sources of calcium are limited because the bird is not eating.
Features & Benefits
Added Marigold Extract
For rich yellow yolks — A high level of xanthophyll, a coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks
Balanced and Complete Formula
- Freshly-ground grains from North American Farms
- Calcium, manganese and trace minerals for strong shells
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids
Calcium, Manganese and Trace Minerals
Essential Amino Acids
Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the nutrients they need to produce plenty of wholesome and delicious eggs. Also promotes beautiful feathering.
Key Levels of Vitamin A, D, E
Strong reproduction and overall health — A high level of Vitamin A helps birds grow into healthy adult birds
Prebiotics, Probiotics and Yeast
Supports immune and digestive health
Research-Backed High Quality Formulation
Wholesome nutrition you can trust to provide the very best for your poultry
Rich in Antioxidants and Optimized Levels of Vitamin E
Supports a healthy immune system — A high level of Vitamin E helps birds maintain a robust immune system
• No artificial by-products or fillers added
• No artificial preservatives added
• No antibiotics or growth hormones added
Optimum nutrition for healthy birds and delicious eggs
Your assurance of quality – It’s nutrition you can trust — our guarantee that this is the very best feed for your poultry
- Feed Purina® Layena® free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena® can be fed to adult female chickens, ducks and geese of laying age.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.